Terms and Conditions
By creating an Acoustic Pioneer account and/or accessing our website or games you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions stated below. These Terms and Conditions may change at any time without notice. The latest version will always be available on this page.
- 'Software' includes the website (www.acousticpioneer.com) and website content (including treatment and assessment games), and the iOS applications (including treatment and assessment games).
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Professional use only
By signing up for an Acoustic Pioneer account you are verifying that you are a professional in a field related to Auditory Processing (such as audiology, speech-language therapy, educational psychology, educational reading specialist, or similar), and that you will be using the software in relation to a professional practice. This software is not intended for use by general public or parents of those suspected to have an auditory processing disorder or difficulty.
- Acoustic Pioneer use HIPAA and FERPA compliant servers and procedures.
- We will never make your personal details available to any third-party without your express approval.
- Your personal details are secured in our encrypted database, and passwords are encrypted. We do not have access to your password.
- Patient identifying information at rest will be encrypted in the database for patient security purposes.
- It is your responsibility never to disclose your password to any other person or party.
- Your usage data, and your patient usage data, may be used for aggregated statistical purposes. Neither your client's data nor your own data will ever be personally identifiable or reported on individually.
- We may, from time to time, send you information via email pertaining to this website and our services.
Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Exclusions and Limitations:
The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Minimum 24 hours’ notice of cancellation required. Notification for instance, in person, via email, mobile phone ‘text message’ and/or fax, or any other means will be accepted subject to confirmation in writing. We reserve the right to levy a $50 ($US) charge to cover any subsequent administrative expenses.
Free Promotional Codes
Promotional codes for auditory training may sometimes be allowed to be created at no charge, however we have the right to limit the amount of time they are available if not initiated.
Termination of Agreements and Refunds Policy
Both the Client and ourselves have the right to terminate any Services Agreement for any reason, including the ending of services that are already underway. No refunds shall be offered, where a Service is deemed to have begun and is, for all intents and purposes, underway. Any monies that have been paid to us which constitute payment in respect of the provision of unused Services, shall be refunded.
Links to our website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from the website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
At Acoustic Pioneer, we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of your personal data. This GDPR disclaimer outlines our practices regarding the collection, use, protection, and transfer of your information when you visit our website or use our software. Please read this disclaimer carefully to understand your rights and how we handle your personal data.
Who We Are:
Acoustic Pioneer is a leading provider of auditory processing and hearing screening solutions. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this GDPR disclaimer or our data practices, please contact us using the following information:
Written Commitment to GDPR Compliance:
We are fully committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ensuring the security and privacy of your personal data. We have implemented strict measures to protect your information and safeguard your rights.
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests related to the processing of your personal data, please contact us using the following details:
We take the security of your personal data seriously and have implemented industry-standard technical and organizational measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We regularly assess and update our safeguards to maintain the highest level of data protection.
Data Subject Rights:
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal data. These include the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict processing, object to processing, data portability, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. To exercise these rights or inquire about our data practices, please contact us using the provided contact information.
International Data Transfers:
As an international company, your personal data may be transferred and processed in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We ensure that appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses or other legal mechanisms, are in place to protect your personal data when transferred internationally.
By using our website or software, you consent to the terms of this GDPR disclaimer and the processing of your personal data as described herein. We reserve the right to update or modify this disclaimer and will post any changes on this page.
If you have any questions or concerns about our GDPR compliance or data practices, please contact us using the provided contact information.